Chervon is one of the world’s largest power tool and lawn and garden equipment manufacturer with a rich history of innovation. Chervon’s commitment to build a better world by building better tools is evident in the products we manufacture and our green approach to manufacturing. We focus on hand-held portable power tools, stationary bench tools, laser and electronic equipment and outdoor power equipment. With world-class R&D, manufacturing, design, marketing, sales and service teams throughout the world, we do it all.
About Our Opportunity
The Product/User Experience Manager will be responsible for differentiating Chervon North America’s products and solutions in identified market segments to drive new sales and customer retention.
Primary responsibilities include the development of product positions and features including a large focus on user experience. This individual will be responsible for managing a network of users that through you inform the front-end development and design of next generation products. You are also responsible for managing the development process through implementation, aligning all stakeholders, communicating the value proposition to the sales team and working with marketing to develop communications and sales tools.
- Proactively research and develop new consumer and / or professional oriented products within your assigned product categories;
- Seek out and apply knowledge of new trends and innovations to identify new products and opportunities to further upgrade existing products;
- Serve as the user experience expert in the category;
- Plan, execute, and create key insights from market research studies including face-to-face interviews and focus groups;
- Work closely with many cross functional teams and identify the desired un-met needs of the end-user, and creatively identify the features and benefits of those products;
- Support the brand and account teams presenting new product launches at key customer meetings and/or help to prepare presentation assets;
- Manage the product development process from concept through successful launch, including the tollgate process interacting closely with other functional areas:
- Brand Managers to understand each brand’s requirements, innovation plan & category needs;
- Sales Managers to understand customer opportunities;
- Industrial Designers to address the human factors and possibility for design innovations;
- Engineering to help define product specifications to assure manufacturability;
- Continuously monitor, develop and maintain competitive studies of relevant products and categories;
- Communicate effectively and quickly with global teams without delay;
- Provides product support for sales events, including customer interaction and visits;
- Gathers and analyzes competitive data to create assets as part of a comprehensive competitive intelligence program including but not limited to competitive product launches and emerging technologies that have implications to our business.
Required Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of tool or hard good related product development experience;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to collaborate cross functionally;
- 3-5 years of experience on high-performing product development teams;
- Detail-oriented while also managing multiple work flows;
- Must be excellent at interpersonal communication and managing face-to-face interviews and focus group sessions;
- Experience managing product launches, including managing cross-functional teams;
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- This position requires approximately 25% travel; some international.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance and an informal work environment with policies that support open PTO, a very competitive 401(k) program, parental leave and transparent telecommuting.
We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future!
Better Tools. Better World.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.