Project Engineer | Naperville, Illinois
Chervon is a leading manufacturer of cordless and corded power tools and outdoor power equipment. We design, engineer and market these power tools and outdoor power equipment within our brand portfolio—SKIL and SKILSAW, EGO, Flex and Hammerhead—and for many other highly respected private brands.
Chervon is one of the largest producers globally and in North America we are introducing a modern, informal work environment, with policies that support an open PTO, a very competitive 401(k), generous parental leave and transparent telecommuting. We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
About Our Opportunity
The Project Engineer will apply new product development processes and techniques to create new and exciting power tools with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, manufacturability, project schedule and cost. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the development of the next generation power tools to exceed customer expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Works on a high-performing, cross-functional team including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Marketing and Quality to deliver well-designed and engineered solutions in power tools;
- Knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of engineering;
- Works closely with marketing and sales to translate customer requirements into product specifications;
- Under general guidance of senior engineers, drives innovative designs and creative solutions to create value for end users;
- Responsible for some aspects of engineering, including development of requirements, design of components and sub-systems, engineering analysis, test and approval;
- Works in a fast-paced “agile” team environment to rapidly develop working concept models to be tested for consumer appeal and satisfaction;
- Assemble prototypes, develop test plans; oversees or conducts testing, analyzes data and compresses and presents findings to broad audiences;
- Works effectively under general supervision and maintains good working relationships with internal and external teams & customers;
- Conducts root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted;
- Manage tasks related to multiple projects;
- Works to translate product functions to control algorithms in the form of flow charts or other documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required;
- 1-3 years of job experience preferred;
- Must be able to demonstrate effective time management and decision making skills;
- Experience in dimensional tolerance stack analysis and GD & T;
- Experience with AC and DC motors, brushed and brushless;
- Experience in FEA, CFDA or FMEA;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high urgency and fluctuating priority;
- Experienced in and use of 3D design software (Unigraphics NX, Creo);
- Hands-on ability to build and test prototypes that include electro-mechanical components and control systems;
- Previous experience in power tools industry a plus;
- Expected 10% travel required domestic and international.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and a competitive time off program.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.