Chervon is one of the world’s largest power tool and lawn and garden equipment manufacturer with a rich history of innovation. Chervon’s commitment to build a better world by building better tools is evident in the products we manufacture and our green approach to manufacturing. We focus on hand-held portable power tools, stationary bench tools, laser and electronic equipment and outdoor power equipment. With world-class R&D, manufacturing, design, marketing, sales and service teams throughout the world, we do it all.
For more than 20 years, Chervon has built a reputation for exceptional quality, delivering new to the world, innovation and the pursuit of excellence. Today, Chervon-built products are sold by more than 30,000 stores in 65 countries and are an awarded partner of many of the leading retailers in America.
We are introducing a modern, informal work environment, with policies that support open PTO, a very competitive 401(k), generous parental leave and transparent telecommuting. We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
About Our Opportunity
The Product Manager position is designed to manage and create power tools sold to professional or DIY users. Within this position, the Product Manager will be responsible for managing product development aspects including timelines and budget control, while working closely with teams within Chervon North America to commercialize products. This position is based in Naperville, Illinois.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying and sometimes executing the research needed to obtain market information;
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by defining and/or reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes;
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products;
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives;
- Obtains product market share by working with Sales Directors and/or market intelligence to develop product sales strategies;
- Assesses product market data by analyzing sales and visiting with users to understand issues and opportunities and evaluating product return data;
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests;
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analyses and establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing;
- Makes product pricing recommendations by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, costing special and customized orders;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration; Master’s preferred;
- 3-7 years in a product management, sales or marketing role;
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of tool or tool related product development experience;
- Experience selling consumer durables in a home center environment is required;
- Demonstrated use of power tools (DIY or professionally) is a significant plus to be able to effectively communicate and sell new product programs to customers;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to collaborate cross functionally;
- Laptop with knowledge of MS Office products – especially Excel and Power Point;
- Hands-on experience working with product roadmaps, financial analyses, research and development plans, patent information;
- This position requires approximately 25% travel; some international.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and a competitive time off program.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.