Chervon is a leading manufacturer of cordless and corded power tools and outdoor power equipment. We design, engineer and market these power tools and outdoor power equipment within our brand portfolio—SKIL and SKILSAW, EGO, Flex and Hammerhead—and for many other highly respected private brands.
Chervon is one of the largest producers globally and in North America we are introducing a modern, informal work environment, with policies that support an open PTO, a very competitive 401(k), generous parental leave and transparent telecommuting. We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
About Our Opportunity
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for all facets of packaging design and development for new products as well as refining and optimizing the design of existing packaging across all categories of the Chervon product portfolio. You will work closely with a global development and procurement teams in developing the new packaging but also in refining existing packaging and assisting in the selection of packaging suppliers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the complete packaging development process for power tool accessories including creating new and innovative packaging designs, prototyping the designs and testing;
- Work with Industrial Designers to create innovative solutions and ensure the solutions meet visual brand language standards;
- Work closely with suppliers and product team to refine and optimize existing packaging designs for power tools, power tool accessories, and outdoor power equipment;
- Work in a global team of suppliers, engineering, purchasing, and product management to develop and optimize product packaging for power tool accessories, power tools, and outdoor power equipment;
- Optimize existing packaging for cost while meeting relevant environmental and safety standards and maintaining visual standards;
- Manage multiple projects of all types (new, existing, cost reduction, etc.) simultaneously;
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of packaging suppliers;
- Work as a member of the global, cross functional new product development team to bring new products and packaging to market in a timely manner;
- Lead the effort to identify and implement cost saving ideas related to all facets of the product packaging;
- Work with quality in the development of test plans to ensure product packaging meets relevant standards as well as customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering or equivalent;
- 5 or more years’ experience in consumer packaging design and development;
- Solid knowledge of fabrication methods (injection molding, blow molding, etc.) used in consumer product packaging;
- Prototyping experience for creating samples for evaluation;
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant standards for packaging design and validation;
- Experience with and proficiency in 3D CAD software as it relates to packaging design;
- Proven track record of creating new and innovative packaging designs;
- Relevant industry experience preferred;
- This position requires approximately 15% travel; some international.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and a competitive time off program.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.