Chervon is a leading manufacturer of cordless and corded power tools and outdoor power equipment. We design, engineer and market these power tools and outdoor power equipment within our brand portfolio—EGO, FLEX, SKIL and SKILSAW—and for many other highly respected private brands.
Chervon is one of the largest producers globally and in North America we are introducing a modern, informal work environment, with policies that support an open PTO, a very competitive 401(k), generous parental leave and transparent telecommuting. We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
About Our Opportunity
The Creative Director formulates and executes strategic concepts that support Chervon’s brand, marketing and advertising goals. The Creative Director manages an internal and freelance team of designers, copywriters, photographers, and video producers/editors to produce creative materials that adhere to brand standards and deliver business results.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Interprets the client requirements to develop a creative vision and strategy to best position the brand in the marketplace;
- Inform and refine company’s creative process – this includes work on both visual and copy/content to ensure consistent messaging for each of our brands;
- Partner with leadership to shape the creative strategy for the company;
- Hire, manage and mentor the internal creative team/manage external agency strategic input and deliverables - create an environment where innovation and risk taking is encouraged;
- Pitch/present creative solutions;
- Liaison between the client (senior management or vendor) and the creative department;
- Create a scope of work, quote cost, and establish timeline;
- Elects the talent best suited for the job;
- Manages the vendors or internal teams to execute the project while building an environment in which a creative team can perform to their best ability;
- Oversees quality control to ensure production value, while participating in key aspects;
- Consults with marketing team on advertising agency initiatives;
- Evaluates work flow procedures and recommends improvements;
- Provide initial and ongoing training to subordinates;
- Analyze existing procedures and recommend new procedures as necessary to increase efficiency, transparency and production value;
- Manages all administrative billing and recordkeeping for department;
- Manages departmental budget and monthly budget variance analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in graphics art or equivalent and seven to ten years of proven success in a creative environment;
- Portfolio of previous work that displays the ability to turn an idea into a visual piece;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing design process;
- Must have a background in building and successfully executing new products within the retail environment;
- Appreciates and thrives within an entrepreneurial and private environment;
- Familiarity with sales performance metrics;
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service attitude;
- Team management skills;
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects;
- Strong communication and computer skills;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus;
- Proven supervisory skills.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Occasional travel internationally.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and a competitive time off program.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.