Chervon is a leading manufacturer of cordless and corded power tools and outdoor power equipment. We design, engineer and market these power tools and outdoor power equipment within our brand portfolio—EGO, FLEX, SKIL and SKILSAW—and for many other highly respected private brands.
Chervon is one of the largest producers globally and in North America we are introducing a modern, informal work environment, with policies that support open PTO, a very competitive 401(k), generous parental leave and transparent telecommuting. We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
About Our Opportunity
The Account Manager role works closely with our retail partners to develop and introduce new products that support their overall merchandising strategies. The Account Manager could manage multiple retail customers, depending on their size. Typically, they would be focused on one key account. The Account Manager will work with our retail customers and our cross-functional internal teams to ensure a timely and successful delivery of program solutions that are developed to meet the retailers' needs and to ultimately grow revenue and margin for both the retail partner and Chervon.
- Operates as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers;
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships;
- Achieves sales and GOM goals;
- Negotiates contracts and closes agreements to maximize sales and margin;
- Sells products and programs;
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors;
- Develops and implements effective sales strategies;
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives;
- Communicates clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly/annual initiatives to internal and external stakeholders;
- Develops new business and/or identifies areas of improvements to exceed sales quotas;
- Preparers and delivers internal and external presentations;
- Forecasts and tracks key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts);
- Prepares reports on account status;
- Assists with high severity requests or issues escalations as needed;
- Leads project and product management activities;
- Ensures competition awareness and understands to avoid attrition;
- Creates and attends client meetings;
- Maintains financial and expense requirements;
- Leads by example, diving in to complete manual tasks at times;
- Learns and operates using power tools for demonstration purposes.
- 4-year college degree preferred, business or marketing;
- 2-4 years of proven experience in account management;
- Experience building and successfully executing partnerships;
- Strong professional presence and demeanor;
- Strong relationship and negotiation skills;
- Appreciates and thrives within an entrepreneurial and private environment;
- Familiarity with business performance metrics;
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service attitude;
- Team management skills;
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Prior experience in working within the tool manufacturing industry a plus;
- Role requires travel, approximately 1 week per month on average;
- Non-traditional work schedule, being available to do what it takes to get the job done.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and a competitive time off program.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.