Are you a creative thinker? Are you a problem solver? Do you thrive in identifying problems and implementing corrective processes? If you enjoy using CAD, machine tools, 3D printers, oscilloscope or soldering irons, then we would like to talk with you!
Chervon is a world leader in engineering, development, manufacturing, distribution and service of award winning power tools and outdoor power equipment. We are searching for a creative, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, self-starter with electro/mechanical design skills to focus on new product development at our state-of-the art Naperville, Illinois Corporate Office.
- Ability to work on a high-performing, cross-functional team including Electrical, Mechanical and Firmware Engineering and Industrial Design to deliver winning solutions in power tools;
- Drive innovative designs, engineering analysis and creative solutions to create value for end users;
- Work closely with marketing and sales to translate customer requirements into product specifications;
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of engineering for the assigned product;
- Work in a fast-paced “agile” team environment to rapidly develop working concept models to be tested for consumer appeal and satisfaction;
- Develop test plans, oversee or conduct testing, analyze and compress data to present findings to broad audiences;
- Work to translate product functions to control algorithms in the form of flow charts or other documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required;
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of job related experience required;
- Hands-on ability to build and test prototypes that include electro-mechanical components and control systems;
- Must be able to demonstrate effective time management and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrate successful performance with attention to detail while managing multiple projects;
- Passion for hands on approach in designing and fabricating parts for prototyping;
- Ability to conduct root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted;
- Experience in dimensional tolerance stack analysis and GD & T;
- Experience with AC and DC motors, brushed and brushless;
- Experience with motion controls and programing, experience with PLC and stepping motors;
- Some exposure to high-level programing languages a plus;
- Experience in FEA, CFDA, FMEA;
- Design and qualify new products to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CE, and ANSI;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high urgency and fluctuating priority;
- Experienced in use of 3D CAE software (Unigraphics NX, Creo), surfacing abilities a plus;
- Works effectively with minimal supervision and maintains good working relationship with internal and external teams & customers;
- Previous experience in power tools industry a plus;
- Experience using power tool is a plus;
- Expected 15% travel required domestic and international.
About Our Working Environment
Chervon North America operates in a casual and fun environment. We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance and an informal work environment with policies that support open PTO, a very competitive 401(k) program, parental leave and transparent telecommuting.
We think Chervon is a great place to work! Be part of our new future! Better Tools. Better World.
Chervon North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender, pregnancy, military status, order of protection status, transgender status, genetic information or any other category protected by law.